Chairman, Raindrops Tech Limited
Professor Abdul Barik Sarder B.A. Hons, M.A in English (B.C.S General Education) served at Govt. Colleges for more than 34 years in various posts from Lecturer to Professor of English. He joined Dinajpur Govt. College in 1970, served at B.M. University College, Barisal from 1972 to 1980 as lecturer, M.C. University College, Sylhet from 1980 to 1991 as Assistant Professor in charge of the Department of English, and from 1991 to 1997 as Associate Professor of the same Department, and as Professor & Chairman of English Department at Jessore M.M College in 1997, the same at Govt. Haroganga College, Munshiganj from September 1997 to March 1998, and at Jagannath University College from March 25, 1998 to January 6, 2005 till his retirement as Professor in the Selection Grade.
Professor Sarder rendered his valuable services in his capacity as Head Examiner of H.S.C Examinations for more than a dozen times under different Education Boards, Head Examiner at Degree level for several times under National University, Examiner and Paper setter at Honours and Master levels and member of different viva-voce boards including P.Sc.
A Freedom fighter, Professor Sarder, while serving as lecturer at Dinajpur Govt. College, responded to the Clarion Call of Bangabandhu for non-cooperation movement against the Govt. of Pakistan on March 3, 1971 and refrained from serving under Yahya regime for long ten months till liberation was achieved on December 16, 1971. He actively took part in the Freedom Struggle in the Chittagong city area in close association with the freedom fighters within the country. He rejoined his service after liberation at the same college (Dinajpur Govt. College) on first January, 1972.
Later on, in recognition of his participation in the War of Liberation in 1971, Professor Sarder was granter two years antidated seniority in the post of lecturer in English in 1979 by the Government of Bangladesh.
He was also honoured by channel I at the Bejoy Mela 2009 as a writer of the 1971-Diary.
Professor Abdul Barik Sarder did the task of editing and proofreading of a celebrated book Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh written by Sirajuddin Ahmed, published by Hakkani Publishers, Dhaka in 1998.
He has a lot of publications for the students of Honours and Master Classes:
His writing Career started with the publication of William Wordsworth (A Selection of Poems), published in 1999. Later on William Wordsworth (Selected Poems and Preface to the Lyrical Ballads) was published in 2003 by Friends’ Book Corner, Dhaka. These were followed by a number of books written at different times as Annotated Texts, Study Guides and Critical Studies on different authors and poets, prescribed for the students from the First Year Honours to Master’s Classes, published by the same:
- An Introduction to English Prose (Annotated Texts) for the 1st Year Honours students (2005)
- A Study Guide to 16th and 17th century Literature for the 4th Year Honours students (2006)
- Sixteenth and Seventeenth Century Poetry : A Study Guide for the 3rd Year Honours Students (2013)
- Toni Morrison : Beloved (A Critical Study) for the 4th Year Honours Students (2015)
- The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia by Dr. Samuel Johnson (A Critical Study) for the 3rd Year Hons. Students (2014)
- 20th Century Novel (A Study Guide) for the 4th Year Hons. Students (2015)
- 20th Century Poetry (A Study Guide) for the 4th Year Hons Students (2015)
- Modern Drama (A Study Guide) for the 4th Year Honours Students (2015)
- Modern Poetry (A Study Guide) for the M.A final Yr. Students (2016)
- Modern Novel (A Study Guide) for the M.A final Yr. Students (2016)
- William Shakespeare (A Study Guide) for the M.A final Yr. Students (2016)
- An Introduction to English Prose: Fiction and Non-Fiction (Annotated Texts with introductions for the 1st Year Honours Students (2nd Edition 2012)
- Introduction to Drama (Easy Language Series) for the students of 2nd Year English Honours (2018)
- Introduction to Poetry (Easy Language Series) for the students 1st Year English Honours (2018)
- Romantic Poetry (Easy Language Series) for the students of 2nd Year English Honours (2018)
- Introduction to Prose: Fiction and Non-Fiction (A Study Guide) for the first Year English Honours students of 7 Colleges, affiliated with the University of Dhaka.
- Introductions to Prose : Fiction and Non Fiction (An Annotated Text) for the first Yr. English Honours students of 7 Colleges affiliated with the University of Dhaka. (in Printing 2018)
- Introduction to Poetry (Texts and Notes) for the First Yr. English Honours students of 7 colleges affiliated with Dhaka University (in Printing 2018)
- More books are in the process of being written.